I am a sucker for all things simple (but paradoxically have a passion for watches). When it comes to watches, clean lines get me going! I am therefore a huge fan of Junghans the German watchmaker founded in the Black Forest town of Schramberg in 1861 (particularly their Max Bill range!).
The Meister Driver is their latest edition to the ranks. And its a beauty! Here are the 5 things you need to know:
1. Arthur Junghans, son of the company founder Erhard Junghans, was a close friend of Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach - as a byproduct their watches tend to have an automotive focus.
2. The new Meister Driver contains a J800.4 self-winding movement with a power reserve of up to 38 hours and rapid date correction (weekday display at 12 o'clock and date at 6 o'clock).
3. The Case is stainless steel 40.4, height 11.9 mm, with a mineral crystal back where you can admire the movement.
4. The watch boasts a vintage inspired convex dial with polished lacquer, hour / minute markers (plus environmentally-friendly Super Luminova).
5. You'll be KILLING it with this on the wrist, an open denim shirt from Drakes and a pair of boots from Edward Green.
For more - check out the Junghans website here.